Seriale turcesti

Alăturați-vă forumului, este rapid și ușor

Seriale turcesti
Seriale turcesti
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Top postatori
GUMUS-NOOR (35933)
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar_left Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar_right 
florina-octaviana89 (4248)
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar_left Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Bar_right 
utzy (4150)
IrinaLove (2650)
Gumus (2280)
Nety (1724)
denta (1194)
turkiss_woman (1036)
cristinuta (1022)
GIULIA (773)

Ultimele subiecte
» La umbra teilor
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyJoi Oct 05, 2017 11:58 am Scris de dong yi

» Asi - impotriva destinului
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyMier Aug 06, 2014 2:41 pm Scris de GIULIA

» Dragoste si pedeapsa-Comentarii
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyMar Mai 07, 2013 9:14 pm Scris de cristinuta

» O propunere inedita
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyLun Apr 15, 2013 9:05 am Scris de studenta

» Iubire ascunsa
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyLun Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am Scris de Nicky

» Karadayi / Kenan İmirzalıoğlu, Bergüzar Korel
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptySam Noi 24, 2012 1:03 pm Scris de Nicky

» 소지섭 / So Ji Sub
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyMar Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm Scris de GUMUS-NOOR

» Han Ji Min 한지민 # 1
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyDum Oct 07, 2012 2:23 pm Scris de GUMUS-NOOR

» ASI videoclipuri
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 EmptyVin Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am Scris de utzy

Martie 2024
LunMarMierJoiVinSamDum

Calendar Calendar

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi

+3
mikaela2000
danutzadana
GUMUS-NOOR
7 participanți

Pagina 8 din 15 Înapoi  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Urmatorul

In jos

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Empty Re: Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 CHUNO-TH2
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

0 Mesaje : 35933
Data de inscriere : 21/12/2009

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 THHW3
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 THHW4
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 THHW5
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 THHW2
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 C7627e2bbe7919c2e7cd4055
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 D04458350b84aeb3a71e1255
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 OJH-buka1 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 OJH-buka1
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:54 pm

GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh Ji-ho says "I learned how to really use my eyes" on 'The Slave Hunters'

The time has come finally to bid farewell to KBS TV series "The Slave Hunters". What kind of ending will come for this extraordinary drama -- which showed off fantastic imagery from the start, breaking records in viewership rating with terrifying speed and at the same time carried a fairly weighty political discussion? One does not know but one thing is for sure; that the key belongs to character Song Tae-ha (played by Oh Ji-ho), who had lived his life being loyal to his master but now dreams of making a better world. Now that even one of his enemies Dae-gil (played by Jang Hyeok) has decided to help him, what kind of dream does he have and how will he achieve them? And what has Oh Ji-do dreamed and achieved during the eight months that he spent portraying Song Tae-ha and unveiled his new possibilities? In a joint press interview held on March 24 -- the day before the final episode of "The Slave Hunters" --- the actor talked about the past eight months he spent working on the show.

Q: The show will be ending at last. How do you feel?
Oh Ji-ho (Oh): I shot my last scene yesterday and it was the scene where Tae-ha and Hye-won (played by Lee Da-hae) are leaving and asking Dae-gil (played by Jang Hyeok) to come with them. Dae-gil and my character raised their hands up in the air and hugged each other, and I was moved when we filmed that scene. A couple of staff members even cried because it was the end, even though it felt like there would be more. I feel relieved now, not like how I felt when I finished other dramas. I am relieved because the show did much better than I expected and I did what I wanted to do, like playing a character I wanted to play.

Q: There were some concerns about you doing a historical drama. Why did you choose to shoot a historical drama at this point in your career?
Oh: Actually, I chose to play the character Song Tae-ha rather than choosing to do a historical drama and I had no fear about doing it. When people told me I wasn't the right fit for a historical drama, I was like "Whatever, I'll just do it". And I studied for the part by watching historical dramas, which I don't usually watch. What was hard was adjusting to the tone of a historical drama, rather than trying to decide whether I should take on the drama. If I was going to do it, I didn't want to be told I was awful.

Actor Oh Ji-ho [Lee Jin-Hyeok/10Asia]

Q: How do you feel now about your choice?
Oh: I have discovered the joy of shooting a historical drama. When you shoot a drama in new surroundings, go to many places with beautiful scenery, you start to feel new about yourself too. And I think growing a beard for my character in a historical drama helped my acting transformation. I have shaved off the beard now and feel a bit embarrassed, as if I have taken my clothes off. Like how an introverted person can start to talk when he puts on a mask to do a mask dance, I think I too was able to change my character by growing a beard.

Q: Speaking of characters, you played comical characters in your previous dramas -- MBC's "Couple or Trouble" and MBC's "Queen of Housewives". Why did you decide to play a different kind of character this time?
Oh: When I was doing romantic comedies, I played a man whom women would find adorable and would want to take care of. But just once I wanted to play a character that men would find truly loyal and cool and that is why I decided to play Song Tae-ha. Looking cool like [Korean actor] Choi Min-soo, who we admired when we were young.

Q: Then was there anything hard about acting the part?
Oh: I didn't worry about the action scenes or visual stuff because that is something the director would take care of. What was hard was that I myself found Song Tae-ha very stifling. I felt like Tae-ha should do something at certain points but he didn't. He was a character who lived with a certain cause but he didn't do anything and there was no space for movement. The articles about me speaking my lines as if I was reading a textbook may have come from such stuffy character of Tae-ha.

Q: Tae-ha is someone who created the specifications of a hero, but it must have been all the more stifling for you to play him because he didn't vent that out openly.
Oh: In the beginning, I played Tae-ha thinking that he was literally a hero who would make a revolution but it turned out that he wasn't. So then I reached the conclusion that he was just a military officer who just carries out orders. He had the strength to rescue the young royal king (played by Kim Jin-woo-I) to carry out the order of Prince So-hyun, whom he used to serve, but that was it for him. So whatever he tried to do more, it wouldn't work out. He visits Lord Bong-lim (played by Lee Joon) and asks him to spare the life of the young royal, which doesn't work out. He is close to a Chinese general (played by Yoon Dong-hwan) so he tries to entrust himself over to the Qing Dynasty, but still he wouldn't go to Qing. When the loyal solider meets Hye-won, he changes a bit. He starts small by protecting the woman close to him, then eventually dreams of making a better world which doesn't have boundaries of the nobles and commoners. I think that is why he began to feel that he wants to stay in the countries somehow and change the world little by little.

[INTERVIEW] Actor Oh Ji-ho - Part 2
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 1:59 pm

[INTERVIEW] Actor Oh Ji-ho - Part 1

Oh Ji-ho says "I learned how to really use my eyes" on 'The Slave Hunters'

The time has come finally to bid farewell to KBS TV series "The Slave Hunters". What kind of ending will come for this extraordinary drama -- which showed off fantastic imagery from the start, breaking records in viewership rating with terrifying speed and at the same time carried a fairly weighty political discussion? One does not know but one thing is for sure; that the key belongs to character Song Tae-ha (played by Oh Ji-ho), who had lived his life being loyal to his master but now dreams of making a better world. Now that even one of his enemies Dae-gil (played by Jang Hyeok) has decided to help him, what kind of dream does he have and how will he achieve them? And what has Oh Ji-do dreamed and achieved during the eight months that he spent portraying Song Tae-ha and unveiled his new possibilities? In a joint press interview held on March 24 -- the day before the final episode of "The Slave Hunters" --- the actor talked about the past eight months he spent working on the show.

Q: The show will be ending at last. How do you feel?
Oh Ji-ho (Oh): I shot my last scene yesterday and it was the scene where Tae-ha and Hye-won (played by Lee Da-hae) are leaving and asking Dae-gil (played by Jang Hyeok) to come with them. Dae-gil and my character raised their hands up in the air and hugged each other, and I was moved when we filmed that scene. A couple of staff members even cried because it was the end, even though it felt like there would be more. I feel relieved now, not like how I felt when I finished other dramas. I am relieved because the show did much better than I expected and I did what I wanted to do, like playing a character I wanted to play.

Q: There were some concerns about you doing a historical drama. Why did you choose to shoot a historical drama at this point in your career?
Oh: Actually, I chose to play the character Song Tae-ha rather than choosing to do a historical drama and I had no fear about doing it. When people told me I wasn't the right fit for a historical drama, I was like "Whatever, I'll just do it". And I studied for the part by watching historical dramas, which I don't usually watch. What was hard was adjusting to the tone of a historical drama, rather than trying to decide whether I should take on the drama. If I was going to do it, I didn't want to be told I was awful.

Actor Oh Ji-ho [Lee Jin-Hyeok/10Asia]

Q: How do you feel now about your choice?
Oh: I have discovered the joy of shooting a historical drama. When you shoot a drama in new surroundings, go to many places with beautiful scenery, you start to feel new about yourself too. And I think growing a beard for my character in a historical drama helped my acting transformation. I have shaved off the beard now and feel a bit embarrassed, as if I have taken my clothes off. Like how an introverted person can start to talk when he puts on a mask to do a mask dance, I think I too was able to change my character by growing a beard.

Q: Speaking of characters, you played comical characters in your previous dramas -- MBC's "Couple or Trouble" and MBC's "Queen of Housewives". Why did you decide to play a different kind of character this time?
Oh: When I was doing romantic comedies, I played a man whom women would find adorable and would want to take care of. But just once I wanted to play a character that men would find truly loyal and cool and that is why I decided to play Song Tae-ha. Looking cool like [Korean actor] Choi Min-soo, who we admired when we were young.

Q: Then was there anything hard about acting the part?
Oh: I didn't worry about the action scenes or visual stuff because that is something the director would take care of. What was hard was that I myself found Song Tae-ha very stifling. I felt like Tae-ha should do something at certain points but he didn't. He was a character who lived with a certain cause but he didn't do anything and there was no space for movement. The articles about me speaking my lines as if I was reading a textbook may have come from such stuffy character of Tae-ha.

Q: Tae-ha is someone who created the specifications of a hero, but it must have been all the more stifling for you to play him because he didn't vent that out openly.
Oh: In the beginning, I played Tae-ha thinking that he was literally a hero who would make a revolution but it turned out that he wasn't. So then I reached the conclusion that he was just a military officer who just carries out orders. He had the strength to rescue the young royal king (played by Kim Jin-woo-I) to carry out the order of Prince So-hyun, whom he used to serve, but that was it for him. So whatever he tried to do more, it wouldn't work out. He visits Lord Bong-lim (played by Lee Joon) and asks him to spare the life of the young royal, which doesn't work out. He is close to a Chinese general (played by Yoon Dong-hwan) so he tries to entrust himself over to the Qing Dynasty, but still he wouldn't go to Qing. When the loyal solider meets Hye-won, he changes a bit. He starts small by protecting the woman close to him, then eventually dreams of making a better world which doesn't have boundaries of the nobles and commoners. I think that is why he began to feel that he wants to stay in the countries somehow and change the world little by little.
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 CHUNO-TH4
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 ChunoJavabeans
Laughing
 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 ChunoJavabeans02
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Amachunoe24end100325hdt
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 Ep23-1
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 100325-1
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 1269095640_201003202334454651217501_0
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 2106 Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 2108
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 JangHyuk Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 OhJiho
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 163014108_L Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 163014110_L Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 163014107_L Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 163014101_L
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 163004030_L Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 0-1image
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 0-3image Chuno - Vânătorii de Sclavi - Pagina 8 0-4image
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:20 pm

GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de GUMUS-NOOR Sam Oct 01, 2011 3:24 pm

This is such a good interview - understanding more about Chuno and Lee Dae-gil's character. JH truly deserves to be recognised as a topnotch actor! We can see how he describes some of the other characters too:

Da-Gil = pure
Tae-ha = a straight arrow
Wang-son = frivolous
General Choi = mental leader
Chun JiHo = cruel

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-actor-j...rt-1-22564.html

2010/03/11 [INTERVIEW] Actor Jang Hyeok - Part 1 Jang Hyeok says "The Slave Hunters" is a story about Lee Dae-gil growing up "I would have something to say if it was about martial arts..". said Jang Hyeok before the interview, as if he were an action star who was in love with martial arts. But by the time the interview ended, I found out that to Jang Hyeok, talking about martial arts meant that he would talk about everything -- his acting and his life. Like a martial arts master finds enlightenment through martial arts, Jang Hyeok was devoting himself to his life through acting. He understands his character by melting martial arts into the acting, and reflects upon his life by analyzing the character. For Jang Hyeok to play Dae-gil in the KBS TV series "The Slave Hunters", it means the same as that he will pour out all of his life. See what and how much enlightenment he has gained from portraying Dae-gil.

10: How did you feel when you first got the script for "The Slave Hunters"?

Jang Hyeok (Jang): I think the boundary between genres is becoming more vague. If you look at a film like "District 9", there are elements of science fiction, action, melodrama and political satire in a single movie. I think that visuals, structure and perspective are more important than genre nowadays. And I thought the same with "The Slave Hunters". In typical television dramas, the main characters lead the show while the supporting actors are in the background. But in "The Slave Hunters", it seemed that each character had a story of his own, like in the [U.S. TV series] "Band of Brothers". And the show would be telling Dae-gil's story in one setting but another story would be developing in another setting with the perspective on it changing depending on the character who was telling it. The plot develops on similar stories, just from different perspectives, so I thought it was a drama where everyone is a main character as well as a supporting character.

10: That's why it seems "The Slave Hunters" is about what goes on in their world, rather than telling a story about a single character.

Jang: That's why I personally hope there will be a documentary-style show attached to the end of "The Slave Hunters" to objectify that world. The show started off subjectively by telling the story from a certain character's perspective but it would end objectively by showing the world as it really is. I personally like the film "Hwangsanbul" where the merchants and kings spoke different dialects depending on where they lived. The film showed something that existing traditional stories hadn't shown before by simply changing the perspectives. I think "The Slave Hunters" is like that too.

10: Then what kind of a world do you think "The Slave Hunters" is depicting?

Jang: The most important element is the people. I think "The Slave Hunters" begins its story by telling how people became influenced by their history and how that history has continued on into the present. In the case of Dae-gil, he could not marry the woman he loved because of the status system, which is also what ruined his family. So after he becomes a slave hunter, he hangs around with the commoners and lowly people like Choi Jang-goon and Wang-son although he was born an aristocrat. So there is no such thing as a good or bad character in "The Slave Hunters" because they are all people who have no choice but to follow their circumstances.

10: Do you see Dae-gil as someone who became who he was because of the historical circumstance he was in?

Jang: My favorite fictional character is Choi Dae-chi from [1991 MBC epic drama] "Eyes of Dawn" and his life completely changed due to the historical circumstance he was in. If Japan had not annexed Korea, if he had not been drafted to the military, if he had not met Yoon Yeo-ok who was one of the Japanese army's comfort women, he would not have turned into a North Korean partisan. This man has no ideology but he had to belong to some organization while he was alive and happened to gain a following. It is the same with Dae-gil. Tae-ha is fighting for a political cause. And slaves unite and learn the ideology of 'the world of slaves' in order to survive. But slave hunters have no ideology. They live their lives by the day by catching a slave and Dae-gil will keep searching for Eon-nyeon. And he has become an animal-like slave hunter in order to survive and the best one too. He could have gotten stabbed to death in a village somewhere if he hadn't found Eon-nyeon.

10: But Dae-gil is too complex a character to just say that he lives according to the flow of the times. In "The Slave Hunters", you could describe Tae-ha as a straight arrow and Wang-son as frivolous, but you can't define Dae-gil with just a couple of words. He is the lowliest of the low yet innocent when it comes to love, and he is imprudent yet also serious.

Jang: Dae-gil was born an aristocrat but lives amongst the commoners so that is why he is a character likely to develop an ideology regarding equality. I play Dae-gil based on this feeling. And Dae-gil has tried his utmost to survive after becoming a commoner. Even the son of the deceased eats food when he gets hungry, so you can only imagine how hard of a time Dae-gil would have. On most days, he would have been making a living while on some days, he could have laughed and talked about the old days. That's why I think Dae-gil's unique characteristics are expressed through my experiences from everyday life and my mentality.

10: And what are those characteristics, do you think?

Jang: For example, the character Chun Ji-ho is really cruel. He is able to call his subordinates in a composed voice right after killing someone. Dae-gil may be better at killing people but he is not someone with that kind of character. He is a slave hunter who captures slaves, but sometimes also helps slaves. And it's not because he is nice but because on some days, he is in a good mood and is reminded of the old days. If he wasn't feeling well on that day he might not have saved them. There is also a noble side left to him so he is clinging onto the last piece of wild animalistic nature he has. I don't have a fixed concept for my character -- I just try to go with the feelings he would feel within his circumstances in his kind of life.

10: Your character's way of speech seems to change depending on his circumstance. You speak with a certain rhythm when you're with other slave hunters.

Jang: That is something I attempted at from permission of the director and the writer. Because I think it's the right thing to do if I could bring my character to life. When Dae-gil was a nobleman, he used to speak indirectly. When his father asked him if there was a girl he liked, he would say "No. There is no such woman" but quietly hoped that his father would notice. On the other hand, [the slave hunter] Dae-gil uses a direct form of speech because that is the only way he can survive. And there are many instances where he will get into an argument while going through all kinds of things. So if I cut in when somebody is saying something important, I can control the other person because he can't talk anymore. I need to ride a certain rhythm in order to do that. But what I care more about than my acting or speech is the eyes. Dae-gil's eyes are always unfocused. He looks at things with a different perspective unless it is something important. He lives hiding his emotions and restraining himself like that.

10: I think that is why Dae-gil looks sad. He seems like someone who has given up on dreams and hopes, and volunteers to live life in a numb state.

Jang: In that respect, my experience of appearing in the film "Maybe" helped a lot in understanding Dae-gil. In that film, my character has a rare disease so there was nothing strange about him dying the next day and thus he seemed unpredictable to other people. Other would think it is a misfortune but he has always lived that way, so for him, yesterday is today and tomorrow is today as well. You cannot put any obligations on the world and you can't really put one on Dae-gil either. He goes out to find Eon-nyeon today and will go out tomorrow too. I think that is the purity of Lee Dae-gil. Not that he is a good or bad person, he is just pure.

10: In that sense, Dae-gil has a strange child-like side to himself. When it comes to his work, he makes clear judgments about the situation even when he gets shot by a gun. But in other respects, Choi Jan-goon is much more like an adult.

Jang: That is right. Dae-gil is the leader in terms of work, but Choi Jang-goon is the mental leader. And it is only when Dae-gil has such personality that Choi Jang-goon and Wang-son can each have his own spectrum. It is important to have a feeling of all the different characters mingling with one another. And the saddest part about playing Dae-gil was the scene in the first episode where he sees the drawing of Eon-nyeon by artist Kang. He is drawing a profile sketch of her and it has to be exactly the same as how she looked ten years ago. She has to be a kid, looking exactly the same as Dae-gil last saw her. And even though he doesn't know what do to when he catches the girl, he still loves looking at the drawings. So he carries the picture around and gets another one drawn when it gets old. There is a part of Dae-gil that is consumed with the memories of when he used to a nobleman.

10: Then can Dae-gil go on to the next phase after he catches Eon-nyeon? It seems like Dae-gil's life has stopped at the point when he parted with Eon-nyeon.

Jang: That is a little different. In my perspective, I think "The Slave Hunters" is a drama about Lee Dae-gil growing up. People keep growing even when they become adults, but in Dae-gil's case, I see it as a growth in the way he communicates. Dae-gil is still immature and cannot communicate well with others, but I think he is changing, little by little, by interacting with Tae-ha and many other people. The way he changes isn't like he is simply desolate, sad or sick but all the emotions get built up. So I think Dae-gil is gradually changing, little by little.

10: In order to dig deep into the inner aspects of your character like that, it must be essential to analyze the times that he is living in. How did you prepare for that?

Jang: I read the information with the basic stuff. Like when I did the [SBS historical drama] "Great Ambition", I had studied about the currency and old merchants during that time in order to play a merchant. You have known about such things if you want to improvise. The historical period in "Hunters" is when the Ming Dynasty changes to the Qing Dynasty, and so no wonder it is confusing. From the noblemen's perspective, they had to have people like The Slave Hunters because slave, who were like their real estate property, kept running away. The Slave Hunters were sort of like hired soldiers or detectives during that time. They chase after the footsteps and fight when it is necessary.

[INTERVIEW] Actor Jang Hyeok - Part 2
http://www.hancinema.net/interview-actor-j...rt-2-22563.html

10: For Dae-gil's martial arts skills, did you keep in mind the historical aspect and the environment Dae-gil is in? His style of fighting is apparently different from that of Tae-ha's. How did you approach that?

Jang: The action sequences are handled by the martial arts specialists but I wanted to do something more. An actor has to know how he wants things done so I thought it was right that I do both the action stunts and act at the same time. That's why I asked the director if I could design the martial arts sequences by direction of the martial arts director. In "Hunters", martial arts is also part of one's acting needed in showing that person's character. Tae-ha and Chul-oong practice traditional martial arts and follow the fixed structure and system used in the palace. A slave hunter like me learned martial arts to survive in the common streets so of course my style of martial arts will be different to theirs. It has to be different from the style Choi Jang-goon and Wang-son use.

10: That's what I had been curious about. Dae-gil was born into an aristocrat family so he wouldn't have been taught martial arts properly. Dae-gil's martial arts moves are compact and swift which is remarkable just like the training you are receiving right now for jeet kune do.

Jang: It's sort of like this. There is a difference between the martial arts practiced in battlefield and on the streets. At the time, the people on the streets would carry around swords and hunting slaves basically means their own lives are at risk everyday. So when you're in a life and death situation every single day, it's impossible for your fighting to take on a certain style. Whether it be with a long sword, a dagger or a stone, you have to survive. That is why Chun Ji-ho knocks people down with stones and why Dae-gil too knows how to use all kinds of weapons. One can't know what situation they'll end up having to face. Even for those born into aristocracy, they should break away from the stereotypes and become brutal in order to survive. That's why there is sort of a demon-like feeling to him also. And in holding a sword. There will be times where an actor has to feel comfortable carrying around a sword, or holding the sword backwards and recite their lines at the same time. That's how comfortable I have to seem with the sword -- as if I have been using them for my whole life. That's why it's similar to the jeet kune do I'm learning. It's fundamentally about survival and so it rejects conventionality.

10: How did you learn to do the action sequences with a sword?

Jang: I learned martial arts long time ago. And the weapons used in jeet kune do are not considered weapons but means that when one holds a sword in jeet kune do, it means your arm has become longer. To be more precise, I'm not practicing jeet kune do in "Hunters" right now, it's wing chun (a form of Chinese boxing). Wing chun is a form of martial arts that Bruce Lee learned. It was founded by Uhm Young-chun before the time period of "The Slave Hunters" so it wasn't a problem to incorporate that format.

10: But it is hard to put emphasis on the reality in the drama. You have to keep in mind what the audience is watching so how were you able to balance that out?

Jang: If you were in an actual fight, you'd have to be done in one go or just not fight at all. But since this is a drama, you have the design the action sequences so that it can leave an impression visually. And that's where wing chun and defense comes in handy. The training doll that Dae-gil used to practice his martial arts was used during the Qing Dynasty and I kept in mind the fact that there was exchange between the Qing and Chosun Dynasty so I just assumed that Dae-gil modeled it after that. I thought it was important that I show how Dae-gil practiced his martial arts for ten years. When designing the action sequences, the technical part is important on the outside. But no matter how grand it looks when it's shot, you also have to do a good job in delivering your emotions. I have to accept what sort of emotions come from which part of his past when he's doing martial arts.

10: I think that's why "The Slave Hunters" director Kwak Jeong-hwan refers to you as being "full of emotion during action scenes".

Jang: It can be compared to a boxing match. The boxer forms a pattern during the 24 rounds in where to put more energy and where to hold back. It's not about working on an action sequence but figuring out the flow of how it is supposed to be played out. And the director too will adjust the process of his directing depending on his overall idea for the show. 10: Dae-gil's character seems to be an accumulation of all the experiences that you had in your life. You learned jeet kune do and watched numerous DVDs to analyze the characters.

Jang: There are people who ask me whether there was some sort of turning point before taking on "The Slave Hunters." And I think they were probably referring to my serving in the military, getting married or having a child which were big changes in my life but they're one of those things in life that just happen. I myself didn't undergo a sudden change -- it was a natural process which came about as I gradually accumulated on my experience. At the age of 35, I am starring in "The Slave Hunters" which is a drama where I can give it all I have.

10: Your answer confirms you are someone who is likely to collect DVDs. (laughs) I remember seeing your showcase of DVDs -- it looked like you know the satisfaction that comes from someone who knows how to collect things.

Jang: There is saying that you can tell what a person is like by seeing their room. I think about how I could fill up the empty spaces in my room. Whether it be a DVD, book or figurine, they all become my toy that I see and feel. That's why it's important to find an interest that you can manage.

10: Is that why you watch movies on a regular basis? I heard that after you watch a movie, you fall asleep 10 minutes into the next film.

Jang: Because I'll become curious to find out what happened in that movie the next day and watch it again. Some days I watch three to four movies a day and when I'm shooting a drama, I take my DVDs on set. I'll also listen to the commentary for films I really enjoyed and I bring my exercise equipment and books on set too.

10: How does your everyday life influence your acting? From your roles in "The Earth of Wang Reung" to "Thank You" to "The Slave Hunters", I think you're someone who focuses more on how to express the inner depth to your character inner depth rather than wonder how different a role you'd get to play.

Jang: If I practiced three days worth of jeet kune do and rested the next day it doesn't count as two days. It means I just rested. And it gets easier after several years. That's how I feel when I do dramas. I think later on, I would like to try designing characters. If I get assigned to create a character you would craft it into three-dimensions. I have great interest in things like that.

10: It seems that your acting and life experiences have accumulated and led you to you playing the role of Dae-gil. And it also seems like he will be leaving a mark on your acting career. How do you feel about that?

Jang: If you ask me why I act, I would have to say it is because I like portraying characters and giving life to them. I don't think there is a limit to the characters I play. I think I take the character's personality and develop on it to show how he grows. I'm sure I have been influenced by the various roles I've played and the people I've met. And I think that's what makes up my acting. That's why I still think I am accumulating on my experience.
GUMUS-NOOR
GUMUS-NOOR
Alteta
Alteta

Sus In jos

Mesaj Scris de Continut sponsorizat

Continut sponsorizat

Sus In jos

Pagina 8 din 15 Înapoi  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Urmatorul